Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
LUKOIL Overseas Offshore Projects Inc.
Senior Counsel (Experience with Offshore Exploration Contracts)
Houston, TX 77046 United States
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K
• Large integrated international oil company (“Company”) is looking to fill a senior counsel position for its Houston-based in-house legal department of its offshore exploration division.
• Minimum 6 to 8 years’ experience as a transactional attorney in the offshore oil & gas (E&P) arena.
• Working in-house at an oil major or energy company is considered a plus.
• Attention to detail is key for this position.
• Some BigLaw experience a plus. Offshore contracting experience (e.g. drilling services contracts, project management, MSAs, POs; other service contracts) required.
• West Africa or Romania experience a plus, but not required.
• Familiarity with tender processes/award procedures including European Union a plus, but not required.
• The ideal candidate must be conversant in post-Macondo indemnity and risk allocation mechanisms.
• In addition, familiarity with general project compliance is a must.
• Candidate must be able to negotiate/draft/comment on sovereign licenses; JOAs; and Farmout agreements.
Education, training, experience:
• Familiarity with FCPA a plus.
• Relevant non-legal industry experience prior to becoming a lawyer a plus, but not required: i.e. prior business experience in the offshore drilling sector in relevant roles (business development, drilling, G&G, engineering, finance, accounting; tax) may reduce the 6 to 8 year minimum requirement (however, a minimum 5 years as a contracting attorney with prior relevant experience is required).
• Law Review and Top 10 per cent of law school class strongly favored.
• Candidate must be licensed in Texas.
• In addition, the Company will not provide work permits.
• Applicant must be U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
Terms & Conditions