Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Legal Director, BIS
Plano, TX 75024 United States
PepsiCo is seeking an experienced and motivated Legal Director to join its team of professionals that support the Company’s Law Department as well as interact heavily with the Project Management, Information Security, and Procurement functions. This position will be supporting a global horizontal division of PepsiCo (called Business + Information Solutions [BIS]) on a full-time employee basis handling technology projects. The role will report to the managing attorney for the division.
1. Draft, review, interpret and negotiate cloud computing, digital and technology licensing contracts.
2. Engage with global teams for remote support.
3. Participate with review of and approve security policies and protocols.
4. Plan and execute strategies for worldwide data security protection with vendors.
5. Support certain intellectual property assessments of projects to include: smartphone applications, software components, joint development and M & A matters.
6. Respond to needs for confidentiality, consultant, development and other agreements.
7. Liaise with PepsiCo’s regional attorneys to insure coordinated support for technology procurement.
8. Regularly consult with and support Division Counsel.
Education, training, experience:
• Must possess a Bachelors and a Juris Doctorate degree from a U.S. accredited program.
• Must be licensed to practice law in the State of Texas.
• Must have 8-15 years of solid or relevant experience at a law firm and/or corporate legal department.
• Global work experience or coordination is a plus.
• Experienced in representing clients in high-tech commercial transactions, software licensing agreements, telecom/mobile agreements, service outsource arrangements, hardware leasing, source code escrows, IT consulting, and software development.
• Software as a Service and Application Service Provider contract experience is a requirement.
• Clear understanding of data /information management and governance is a requirement.
• Mobile application development experience is a requirement.
• Agility to develop tools and templates for repeatable work.
• Additional certifications in Privacy are ideal, and/or an interest in acquiring certifications.
• Excellent client relationship skills are essential in this role.
• Must be a self-starter, requiring limited coaching on the mechanics of contract review.
• Position requires excellent writing and verbal skills, and ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to clearly communicate with senior managers, other in-house counsel, outside counsel, support personnel, and others within PepsiCo.
• Process driven and build-it-better eye for improvements.
• Team player who will exceed assigned responsibilities and assist others to reach objectives.
• The ideal person is someone who has a strong agility to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Native intellectual curiosity and ability to grasp technical concepts.
• Superior organizational and prioritization skills to manage projects.
• Must be willing and able to travel 5% of the time for training or business sector meetings.
Terms & Conditions