Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
SP- Senior Real Estate Transaction Associate
Houston, TX 77002 United States
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services firm (in terms of 2010 revenue). The Company has approximately 31,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 300 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting. Please visit our Web site at www.cbre.com.
CBRE's Brokerage division executes strategic, integrated and comprehensive commercial real estate brokerage services for tenants/occupiers, property owner and narrowly focused vertical industries in the office, industrial and retail sectors. Clients make informed real estate decisions underwritten by world-class and industry leading proprietary market research, analytical and consultative services. The Brokerage division draws frequently and seamlessly from other CBRE services to provide clients what they need functionally anywhere in the world.
To be considered for a position with CBRE, please apply online at http://cbre.com/careers. Click on “Search and Apply” on the left side of the screen. If a pop-up window does not open, please check your browser’s settings. On the login window either login with your existing username and password or click on “Register Today” to create one. Once you are logged in you can either apply for specific jobs or submit your general application using the link at the bottom of the page.
Current CBRE employees should apply online through the myHR section of Employee Self Service.
EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V
Real Estate Transactions – Proposal, Letter of Intent, and Lease Negotiations
Provide review, comment, and negotiation of proposals, letters of intent, and leases for clients; with an emphasis on office leases.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS THE ABILITY TO:
• Review, negotiate and draft leases and related documents, including primarily office leases, assignment and assumption agreements, subordination non-disturbance agreements, fee owner recognition agreements, amendments
• Partner with Real Estate Team to further advance the clients objective through the negotiation process
• Review and approve Letters of Intent and Proposal prepared by Real Estate Team and provide advice as needed
• Work with outside counsel, as hired by client
• Provide analysis and advice in the evaluation of potential issues that may arise in future and existing leasing agreements
• Supervise the work of younger associates and professionals working on Team business
• Provide advice and training to other Team associates in area of expertise, as needed
• Special projects (as assigned)
Education, training, experience:
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
• 3+ years practicing law, preferably in the area of office leasing
• Highly refined experience in negotiating commercial office leases and related legal documents
• Experience managing and working with other professionals
• Requires a proven ability to balance multiple priorities, work independently, and meet deadlines
• PC proficiency, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Customer-oriented interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and good organization and planning skills
Terms & Conditions